Monday, April 15, 2013

Replying to: Planned Parenthood

   In, "Texas Will Be Texas"'s blog post "Planned Parenthood", many good parts are made throughout this post. I agree with the fact that it is unneeded to take away funding from Planned Parenthood, for the fact that 3% of their programs are for abortions, it will definitely cause more troubles then it'll solve.

    It was a good point to bring up the other factors that Planned Parenthood brings, and how it helps young adults with certain problems, and questions they have about sex. Another good part was when the fact that not all parents bring it up with their children, be it that they find it weird, or they just don't care, their definitely needs to be someone to talk to those unfortunate children.

    However their was one point I didn't like, not to say that I full heartily disagree, but more so how it was worded. Texas Will Be Texas says,  "If you do it early enough, the “thing” (baby, if you will) does not have a central nervous system developed, therefore it cannot feel and won’t hurt it.", I do not like the fact that this blogger called the newly conceived fetus a "thing" even though in parentheses "baby, if you will" is put down, it still seems highly desensitizing. The fact is, that the fetus, is still living, its just starting to form, the fact that it doesn't feel anything, doesn't change this fact, a living being is being taken away. I'm not saying I'm against or for abortion, their are some circumstances I understand, one being rape, but people can take morning after pills, and other protections. I just feel like the fetus is still a being, and should always be seen as such. 

    In the end I liked reading the blog and it was nicely written, one part I didn't like but that doesn't change the fact that this blog had a many good points, and I hope that Planned Parenthood, will one day, get their funding from Texas back, more so for the reason that the young adults shouldn't be the ones that have to pay for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment